Bohemian Bell & Beads Anklets - Handmade, Ethical, & Fair Trade
$17.99 In Stock13001
Our world traveler, bohemian, and belly dancing style anklets let you give back while looking good! Darin and her Fair Trade collective skillfully handcraft each festival ankle bracelet.
- Four strings with brass bells, beads, and teardrop stones
- The bells give a light jingle to your step or dancing!
- Two sizes adjustable clasp (2 bells firmly secure through eyehole)
- Hand strung on waxed cotton
- Length: 10 inches
- Available in: Turquoise, Red, White
- Fair Trade and ethically made
- Handcrafted in Nothern Thailand by women jewelry artisans
Why Fair Trade Anklets?
Darin is a talented Thai jewelry designer who, through Fair Trade, has organized a jewelry co-op in Fang. Wiang Fang is in the northern Chiang Mai Province in Thailand, where job options are very limited.
Fair Trade has provided an uplifting, nurturing, empowering artisan crafter and retail relationship, giving a new avenue to sell their jewelry and provide fair, timely, and reliable pay. This income provides nutrition, education, and healthcare that must be self-funded in developing nations.
Each anklet purchase provides Darin, her mother, and other women in their village with equitable work while allowing them to remain local. Allowing these amazing women to use their traditional jewelry crafting talents while assisting in caring for and watching their children and grandchildren.
Each bead & bells anklet bracelet makes a difference to the artisans, their families, and their village!
Meanings of Wearing Anklets
People have been wearing jewelry around their ankles for 8000 years! Significance and purpose have ranged throughout the centuries across various regions and cultures. In addition to adding ethical and conscious festive fashion to your outfit, you can choose if you would like your anklet to have various meanings:
- Spiritual Protection - In some cultures, it is believed that a bracelet around your anklet is a form of protection. They are worn as a charm or amulet to protect the wearer from diseases and bad omens.
- Relationship Status - Wearing a bracelet on your left foot may indicate that you are married, engaged, or in a serious relationship, while on the right, you are single and open to a relationship.
- Status and Rank - In ancient times, the anklet would indicate social status, and the bells' jingling would delicately announce a woman's presence.
- Beauty and Decoration - The most common use in modern times.