Black Tie Design Small Glass Earrings - Calypso Chile
$18.99 In StockCGJ6RSM-221036
Fair Trade Chilean artisans handcraft these fused glass earrings from opaque and translucent glass, making them one of a kind pieces of wearable art. Expertly crafting each pair provides you with the culture of Chile on your ears while supporting artisans with a reliable safe career that celebrates their talent and culture.
Through each set you purchase, amazing artists in Chile are provided with opportunities they would otherwise not have available. Perfect as a gift for any art or culture lover, as they are small and delicate enough for any style and hang from hypoallergenic hooks.
The Black Tie Design Bubble Small Glass Earrings are:
- Handmade with black and clear, and a touch of blue, translucent and opaque fused glass
- Made of upcycled window glass and recycled bottles from Santiago Chile
- Include textured bubble inclusions that are unique with each set
- Expertly crafted by Fair Trade Chilean Fair Trade glass artisans
- Hang from hypoallergenic hooks, great for even sensitive ears
- Measure 0.5 inches in length, perfect for any style
Meet the Artisans
Calypso Chile is a family owned business that operates from the family home. Marcela Cofre and her husband supported their family by making women's shoes until 1994 when the market for shoes dropped dramatically as cheaper imports flooded the market.
After dabbling in various types of crafts, Marcela found a particular talent for glass making, building a sustainable business to support her family as well as the families of others who she has trained to help make glass products, specializing in fashion jewelry. As a member of the WFTO, Marcela operates the business under the auspices of fair trade, ensuring that all of the artisans and craftspeople are paid a fair price for their work.